Диагностика уровня сформированности навыков работы с текстом
- Read the text and divide it into 3 parts. Give a name to the text.
The Earl of Sandwich lived long ago in England. He was a fanatic about playing cards. He didn’t even want to stop playing to eat a meal and refused to put his cards away. So his servant invented a quick meal for him. He put some meat between two slices of bread, so that the Earl could hold his meal in one hand and play cards with the other. Sandwiches were great favorites in Victorian England. It was a tradition to take an afternoon tea at about 5 o’clock, and many rich families ate sandwiches at that time. Cucumber sandwiches were very popular. The sandwiches were very small and delicate. Sandwiches are less elegant now and often much bigger. The English eat millions of sandwiches every day. They are a typical “snack” meal because they are easy and quick to cook. You can buy sandwiches if you don’t want to make them yourself. There are thousands of sandwich bars and cafes and even some restaurants that sell them.
- Name the parts
- Give the main idea of the text. (Одно полное предложение НЕ из текста)
- Answer the questions
- What did Earl of Sandwich like to do?
- What was the first sandwich?
- How often do English people eat sandwiches now?
- At what time did people of Victorian England take an afternoon tea?
- Where can you buy sandwiches?
Make a mind map of the text.